Friday, November 4, 2011

From the Bloggy Silence Comes a New Post!

I interrupt this "moment of blog silence" to post a non-inspirational blog all about me!    I went on vacation, and if you haven't checked out my pictures yet (and would like to) pop over to My Musings and see a sampling of the color we had in Gatlinburg, TN and Bryson City, NC. 

You may or may not have noticed the ticker on the left of my screen.   It's my weight loss record.   Sixteen pounds for the month of October, days which included my vacation, and my vacation included lots of eating and a chocolate fountain.   That's right...that's what I said C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E fountain!   I dipped a sundry of sweets into the fountain and have lusted over it ever since.   I also rediscovered breakfast pizza.

I started October 3 using Sparkpeople, which is  a great tool, but freedom does not include counting every calorie that goes into my mouth, nor dwelling on what to eat, what not to eat, when to eat....etc.!  for the last few weeks, I have walked in freedom.   I am deeply thankful to my Lord Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Amen!!! That's great progress!! I'm so curious, because I've been praying for freedom for you, what does it look like? How do you define it?

    I can't even imagine a chocolate fountain; it seemed like a great treat indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I define it by having one piece of candy and it not throwing me completely off...or by eating too much on vacation, come home, spend all day at home on Monday and not even think about overeating. The sheer idea of my not being on a binge for over a month...I can't fathom it. It's like...a whole new, guilt-free world. I can't explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! 16 pounds and binge free!!!

    Congratulations! :D

    Blogger is only showing posts at random. I missed this one.

    I hope freedom is progressing well.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Cast your pearls freely...no swine here!