Saturday, February 4, 2012

Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me...

This is not a pearl.   You may want to skip this entry.

Today, I finally gave in and slid into the pit that has slowly been sucking the life out of me.   I would have shut out the world today, but two little boys have insisted that I hold it together and entertain them…and I’m thankful that they are here.

But I’m so discouraged.   Depressed.  

I don’t usually share these feelings, but I thought I’d put my words into cyber space, because I just wanted to be able to say, “No, I’m not OK.”   Instead of the standard answers I give, “I can’t complain.”  “I’m doing fine.”   “I’m well.”   I’m not.

I’m weary.  Tired of being me.   

I hope tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

  1. PLease cheer up. I am praying for you.I also go through those stages in life but you have to keep going and look for the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you; you've been on my mind a lot; I think you were sending out "red flags" that things weren't going too good though I wasn't catching them; do forgive me! I am so sorry you are not well; email me, put it all down on paper, the good, the bad, the ugly......have a good cry when you are doing it too (not to take center stage here, but I spent a lot of time crying today myself). Life is hard,it is a struggle, I'm glad Jesus is on our side and knows what we are going through, I wish we could really get it into our heads and believe how much he loves us and let that soak into us rather than those pesky, negative, nagging thoughts that seem to dominate us.

    I am glad you had the little ones to focus on and get to spend the time with them; I'm sure that was a gift from God so that you would have something to do today to help you not sink further.

    Please do email me.........

    praying for you........

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another day on earth bringing acknowledgement of the need of a Holy Saviour

    ReplyDelete

Cast your pearls freely...no swine here!